Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Poem


Delayed gratification
an idea, caged
lust clings to my blood
sweaty legs on a vinyl chair
dim green light reflected
in the truck stop window

Travel always causes longing
highway delays
miles obscure your face
I imagine perfection
but cannot put it in focus

The things I dream for you
pull thread lose from seams
from space and place
I dream you here
I dream me there

Delayed gratification
the wait
counting minutes on a clock
with the second hand broken off
it's metal turning on
jagged little nub

The early morning light rises
night insects swarm the bulb
wanting
drawn in by unknown
irresistible
comforting

Is there space enough for
me, sitting in a parking lot
I buy tickets west, they give me paper cuts
running
to or away? but always running.

every answer in my head
with questioning reasons
when will I see you again?

No comments:

Post a Comment